| Malaysia | 3 Aug 2016 | Asia Samachar |
The Malaysian Gurdwaras Council (MGC) has taken note of the 2 video clips featuring “Jathedar” Patna Sahib including his opinion that the entire Dasam Granth is Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s Bani (Gurbani).
The matter of the 2 video clips would soon be considered and a statement issued after that.
When the news first broke out about 3-4 days ago, the had MGC immediately got in touch with Sikh leaders in India to verify its authenticity. We were informed that until yesterday (2/8/2016) evening, the matter appeared not to have been reported in India. Our contacts with other Sikh leaders around the world also showed that they had not heard about it. The MGC then on 2/8/2016 supplied the information and the 2 video clips to them.
The MGC immediate comments on the matter are as follows:-
- The 2 video clips cannot amount to any “directive”. It cannot either be Hukamnama or Matta or Gurmatta. The 2 video clips were recorded by Academy and one of their leaders can be seen holding the microphone. The opinion given during the interview is just like we read of various opinions in the press from various religious leaders or on You-Tube.
- The Sikh Rehat Maryada was approved by the Sikh Panth in 1945 and has been accepted by the Sikh world as binding on Sikhs. The SRM clearly provides the 3 banis from Dasam Granth that can be done and of no other parts. The “Jathedar” by stating in the video clip that the whole Dasam Granth is Dasmesh Bani, appears to be going against SRM.
- The Panth had by resolution no. 36672 passed on 3/8/1973 declared, “Chritro Pakhyan” that is inscribed in Dasam Granth as NOT Dasmesh Bani and declared it as Hindu Mythology.
- Any Panthic decision must come from Akal Takht.
- SRM clearly states that no Book should be put like and in Par with SGGS Ji. Yet this is being done at Patna Sahib in violation of SRM.
- That Gurtha Gaddi was bestowed by Dasam Pita only on SGGS Ji and on no other Granth or Book.
- SGGS Ji is complete in itself. To say some other Book is needed to complement it is actually insulting our Dhan-Dhan SGGS Ji.
President, Malaysian Gurdwaras Council (MGC)
[ASIA SAMACHAR is an online newspaper for Sikhs in Southeast Asia and surrounding countries. We have a Facebook page, do give it a LIKE. Follow us on Twitter. Visit our website: www.asiasamachar.com]
Dasam Granth video directive ignites debate in Malaysia (Asia Samachar, 1 Aug 2016)
Dasam Granth: Twisting Bones Till They Snap (Asia Samachar, 30 June 2016)
Twister to Father’s Day message (Asia Samachar, 25 June 2016)
Father’s Day and Dasam Granth (Asia Samachar, 21 June 2016)
Guru Granth and Dasam Granth: A comparison (Asia Samachar, 12 June 2016)
AWAT: The Terrible Two’s Again? (Asia Samachar, 28 May 2016)
Dasam Granth again (Asia Samachar, 29 April 2016)
Khoj Gurbani at two (Asia Samachar, 29 April 2016)
Q&A with Dr Karminder Singh on Dasam Granth issue (Asia Samachar, 22 April 2016)
MGC fears Akaal Ustat Semagam can split Sanggat, cause disunity (Asia Samachar, 21 April 2016)
‘One Granth One Panth’ call from Global Sikh Council (Asia Samachar, 11 April 2016)
False lure of the past: Lap dogs, watch dogs & attack dogs? (Asia Samachar, 5 April 2016)
When our quirks define us: A parable revisited (Asia Samachar, 10 March 2016)
Questioning faith (Asia Samachar, 26 Feb 2016)
You want to respect Guru, make shabad accessible (Asia Samachar, 14 Jan 2016)