| Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | 16 Oct 2016 | Asia Samachar |
“Guru Nanak was an original. He was a radical thinker and innovator. In today’s world, Guru Nanak would be known as a thought leader,” says Harpreet Kaur in a video promoting an up-coming conference on women in Petaling Jaya on Saturday (22 Oct 2016).
The Kuala Lumpur-based corporate executive is part of a team organising the ‘Women In Sikhi: Beyond Gender’ conference.
The conference is part of a larger programme: The 3rd Conference on Leadership of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, happening in Malaysia.
The main event — a one-day conference with seven speakers from the US, Singapore, India and Malaysia — takes place on Sunday (23 Oct) also at the Brickfield Asia College (BAC) campus in Petaling Jaya.
One of the key speakers will be Harinder Singh, the co-founder of United States based Sikh Research Institute (SikhRi) and Panjab Digital Library. He is currently with the FreeAkalTakht Team.
See posters for other sidelines events.
Among Harinder’s engagements are:
1. Youth Leadership Roundtable at Sabha House from 8-10pm on Friday, 21 October. Facilitated by Harinder Singh.
2. Women in Sikhi – Beyond Gender Seminar at BAC PJ Campus auditorium from 2-4pm on Saturday, 22 October. Speakers: Harinder Singh and Balabir Kaur Shah Alam.
3. The 3rd Conference on the Leadership of Guru Granth Sahib Ji on Sunday, 23 October 2016 from 9am-5pm at the BAC PJ auditorium. Besides Harinder Singh there are 6 other speakers sharing gems from Guru Granth Sahib Ji. These are: Manjeet Singh KL, Baljit Singh Delhi, Amardeep Singh S’pore, Sharan Kaur KL, Apinder Singh Singapore and Harjit Singh Subang.
4. The Sikh Conclave in which Harinder Singh will discuss ‘Global Self Governance – The Sikh Model’ and the work that has gone into this over the last year. Similar discussions have taken place in the USA, Canada, UK and Australia. This will be an opportunity for Sikh Leaders, Gurduara Parbandaks, activists, thinkers, opinion leaders, decision makers, strategists and the sanggat to contribute their thoughts to the evolving model of Sikh self governance.
The Conclave will be on Saturday, 22 October 2016 from 7-10pm at the BAC PJ auditorium.
HOW TO REGISTER:
1. Please register your participation online at the link below:
2. Send SMS or WhatsApp message to 012-2055011 with your name, phone number and the events you wish to attend.
All programmes are being organised by the Coalition of Malaysian Sikh Organisations with the active participation of SNSM, KDM, MGC, SWAN, SSSJMMSM, GNGGSF, SWSM, InSPiRE, GKDM, PPM, SSA, GSPJ, WGS Ipoh.
Media partners: Asia Samachar, Sikhi Lehar Malaysia and Sikhi Vichaar Forum.
[ASIA SAMACHAR is an online newspaper for Sikhs in Southeast Asia and surrounding countries. We have a Facebook page, do give it a LIKE. Follow us on Twitter. Visit our website: www.asiasamachar.com]
Dr Gurinder: Courageous thinker who lived in the future (Asia Samachar, 18 Aug 2016)
Bilveer Singh; fast paced, informative and entertaining NUS political scientist officer (Asia Samachar, 14 August 2016)