STATEMENT | OHIO, US | 11 FEB 2018
If you need help with your Sikh proposal submission, please feel free to contact the Program Workgroup of the Parliament Sikh Task Force at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All interfaith and intrafaith proposals must be submitted online, see here, by deadline of April 1, 2018.
The theme of the 2018 parliament is The Promise of Inclusion, The Power of Love: Pursuing Global Understanding, Reconciliation, and Change. Programming for the 2018 Parliament will focus largely, but not exclusively, on:
Kindly note that the Guiding Principles of the 2018 Parliament are:
(1) respectful dialogue: we listen and speak with respect
(2) non-proselytizing: we do not attempt to convert others or speak derogatorily about any tradition
(3) willingness to explore a wide variety of topics: we embody compassion as we engage in difficult conversations.
– significant international Sikh presence and engagement,
– presentations at plenary and parallel sessions focused on interfaith and intrafaith issues, and
– Guru ka Langar, if possible, at the parliament to be led by the local Sikh community.
The task force members include Sikh representatives from Canada, US, and across the world. Suggestions and queries about Sikh participation in the upcoming parliament can be emailed to email@example.com
Parliament Sikh Task Force
Sikh Council for Interfaith Relations (SCIR)
POB 523, Dublin, Ohio 43017, USA
[The statement was emailed to Asia Samachar]
[ASIA SAMACHAR is an online newspaper for Sikhs in Southeast Asia and surrounding countries. We have a Facebook page, do give it a LIKE. Follow us on Twitter. Visit our website: www.asiasamachar.com] 17781
Call to register for 2018 Toronto Parliament of the World’s Religions (Asia Samachar, 27 July 2017)
SCIR Welcomes 2018 Toronto Parliament of World’s Religions, Forms Sikh Task Force (Asia Samachar, 16 May 2017)