Time to shine in your turban. Upload a photo or video of you in turban on your Facebook or Instagram page, with a short story or caption, and you stand a chance to win an iPhone or an air ticket to Vietnam!
#ShiningTurban2019 is up and running. As Malaysia celebrates Malaysia Day on 16 Sept, Asia Samachar is delighted to launch this unique campaign open to ALL Malaysians. Yes, whether you are a Sikh or a person professing another faith, whether you are men or women, all are invited to join the competition.
To enter, this is all that you need to do:
1. Post a picture or a video of you in turban on your Facebook or Instagram page, with a caption or story (what turban means, something heartwarming incident involving the turban or anything that comes to mind).
2. Add these hashtags to your post:
3. You must tag 3 friends who might be interested in joining
4. Follow us @asiasamachar Facebook or Instagram & tag us
5. Like this post (at Facebook or Instagram)
6. For an extra chance, share Asia Samachar post on your Facebook or as story at Instagram
7. Make your profile public
8. Competition open to MALAYSIANS only
9. Closing Date: 30 Sept 2019 (2359, Malaysian time)
ROUND ONE: We will choose the top 30 entries based on the number of ‘Likes’ you get. (If you join at both Fb and Insta, we will take the higher number)
ROUND TWO: Our panel of judges will pick the winners based on number of ‘Likes’, photo or video and your story/caption. Results will be announced in October 2019.
ALL THE BEST. TIME TO TURBAN UP!
- Malaysian Gurdwaras Council (MGC)
- Khalsa Diwan Malaysia (KDM)
- Malaysian Punjabi Chambers of Commerce and Industry (MPCCI)
- Sikh Naujawan Sabha Malaysia (SNSM)
Subang | More to come.
(To join #ShiningTurban2k19MalaysiaDay as Supporting Partners or Supporting Gurdwaras, drop us a message via our Whatsapp at +6017-3351399. We will send you a poster that you can share at your organisation’s premises]
- iPhone 11
- One return-ticket to Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- One return-ticket to Can Tho, Vietnam
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Prizes may not be redeemed for cash. They must be picked up from Kuala Lumpur.
2. All prizes are used/taken entirely at the risk of the winner in all things, and Asia Samachar excludes all warranties in connection with any prize to the extent permitted by law.
3. Asia Samachar, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors and representatives are not responsible for defective prizes or misuse of any prize, or for any claims, liability, loss or damage arising out of or in connection with any contest promoted by Asia Samachar
4. If a specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, Asia Samachar may substitute a similar prize or one of equivalent value.
5. The winner may also be required by Asia Samachar to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and acknowledges that Asia Samachar has the right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it deems fit.
6. Contest entries and material submitted in connection with the Shining Turban 2019 Malaysia Day contest (whether in written, audio or visual form, or a combination of these) or any photographs, video and/or film footage or audio recording taken of the contestants become the property of Asia Samachar. Asia Samachar may use the material in any medium and in any reasonable manner it sees fit. Copyright in any such material becomes and remains the sole property of Asia Samachar
7. Asia Samachar may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a winner’s or competitor’s name, character, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning winning of the contest. Asia Samachar may promote or advertise that a winner won a competition. All winners hereby agree to the use of his/her name for the purpose of advertising, trade or promotion by Asia Samachar without additional compensation.
8. Winners are responsible for any and all taxes payable as a result of a prize being awarded or received.
9. Asia Samachar reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that it determines to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or site, to be acting in breach or potential breach of these Rules and Regulations. No correspondence shall be entertained. Asia Samachar further reserves the right to cancel, modify, suspend or delay the contest in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control
10. Disclaimers: By entering the contest, each contestant agrees that Asia Samachar subsidiaries and representatives (“Contest Sponsors”) shall not be liable or responsible for damages, losses, injuries, rights, claims or actions of any kind in connection with the contest, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use/misuse of prizes, or participation in the contest, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Each contestant further agrees that the contest sponsors will not be responsible or liable for any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, mutilated, delayed, corrupted, duplicated or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules and Regulations.
11. Please allow 90 working days from winning date for prizes to be processed.
12. Asia Samachar reserves the right to at any time, change, amend, delete or add to the Terms and Conditions and other rules and regulations including the mechanism of the Contest at its absolute discretion.
One thing she will not consider is giving up her turban (Asia Samachar, 13 Aug 2019)