| Statement | Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | 25 May 2017 | Asia Samachar |
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
Sikh Naujawan Sabha Malaysia (SNSM) was established in the late 1960s. The appointed Jathedars conducted sewa just as one runs a relay race, i.e. baton passed but still running the same race. From day one, SNSM stood by the teachings of Shabad Guru, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, guided by Sikh Rehat Maryada and abiding to hukamnamas of Akaal Takhat Sahib. There is no change in this stand till today.
2. Of late, many asked on what is SNSM’s stand? This message is to provide clarity and also to make it clear that SNSM would like to focus and continue serving the Sangat, specifically the Naujawans. This can only be done with support of the Sangat.
3. On Sri Dasam Granth, SNSM abides to the Gurmata 1, A:3/08/3145 dated 6 June 2008 issued by Akaal Takhat Sahib, which quotes, “…The entire Sikh Panth be informed that the Sri Dasam Granth is inseparable part of history and literature of Sikh Panth but Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji did not impart it recognition equal to Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji…’.
4. To understand what Waheguru wants from us, let us learn how to read Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, understand and apply in our ‘jeevan’. If we do not apply it remains as info. “PaRiaai Naahee Bhedh Bujhiaai PaavaNaa”.
5. Let us all come together to forge unity as this is what our Guru wanted at all times. We are his children, “Ek pitaa Ekas Ke Ham Baarik Too Meraa Gur Haae’ee”, and our mission is to be one with our Creator, Waheguru.
Sikh Naujawan Sabha Malaysia
[The statement was shared at the Facebook page of SNSM]
* This is the opinion of the writer, organisation or publication and does not necessarily represent the views of Asia Samachar.
‘This is a slanderous lie’ (Asia Samachar, 23 May 2017)
Reject MGC leadership, says Malaysian Sikh pressure group (Asia Samachar, 22 May 2017)