By Asia Samachar Team | MALAYSIA |
Popular lawyer-kirtani Harcharanjit Singh a.k.a Raja Sahib celebrated his birthday on Monday. Going by the chatter on his social media account – which had tons of messages – it must have been one hectic day for the Ipoh-born Sikh activist.
This is the second year that Harcharanjit’s birthday falls on the same day with the Malaysian King’s official birthday celebration. Many towns were painted yellow.
And the celebration continues. Raja Sahib, as he’s fondly known, is ‘giving way’ an iPhone 11 as the first prize for the Shining Turban 2019 competition.
Yup, turban up and you stand to win the newly released phone. Also up for grabs are two AirAsia tickets to Vietnam.
Organised by Asia Samachar, the event is supported Malaysian Gurdwaras Council (MGC), Khalsa Diwan Malaysia (KDM), Malaysian Punjabi Chambers of Commerce and Industry (MPCCI) and Sikh Naujawan Sabha Malaysia (SNSM).
The competition will run for the whole of September 2019 when participants are asked to share their best turban photo or video, along with a message, on the Facebook or Instagram.
Designed to fortify the Sikh identity in Malaysia, #ShiningTurban2019MerdekaDay is tagged to Malaysia Day which falls on 16 Sept.
Raja Sahib is one of the ambassadors for the #ShiningTurban2019.
HOW TO ENTER THE #ShiningTurban2019 COMPETITION:
1. Post a picture or a video of you in turban on your Facebook or Instagram page, with a caption or story (what turban means, something heartwarming incident involving the turban or anything that comes to mind).
2. Add these hashtags to your post:
3. Follow us @asiasamachar Facebook or Instagram
4. Like this post (at Facebook or Instagram)
5. Tag 3 friends who might be interested in joining
6. For an extra chance, share Asia Samachar post on your Facebook or as story at Instagram
7. Make sure to tag Asia Samachar in your post and make your profile public
ROUND ONE: We will choose the top 30 entries based on the ‘likes’ you receive.
ROUND TWO: Our panel of judges will pick the winners based on number of likes, photo or video and your story/caption.
Competition runs from 6 September 2019 to midnight of 30 Sept 2019. Results will be announced in October 2019.
ALL THE BEST. TIME TO TURBAN UP!
FOR FULL DETAILS, GO HERE.
Turban up and win an iPhone, AirAsia tickets (Asia Samachar, 6 Sept 2019)
Two #ShiningTurban2019 winners will fly to Vietnam (Asia Samachar, 10 Sept 2019)
One thing she will not consider is giving up her turban (Asia Samachar, 13 Aug 2019)