By Asia Samachar Team | INDONESIA |
A coordinated fundraiser has been launched for the Sikh family that lost their home and belongings in a fire incident in Medan on 1 Oct.
The house belonged to Penji Manney, as she is commonly known amongst the Medan Sikh Sanggat, who regularly helps out in cooking the Guru Ka Langgar in gurdwaras in Medan.
“She’s a single mother who did catering from her home on weekdays, and joins Langgar seva on weekends,” Gurdwara Guru Nanak committee president Sarban Singh Kalem told Asia Samachar. “She and the family needs help.”
The gurdwara, located on Jalan Teuku Umar, is the oldest among the four gurdwara in Medan. Sarban has joined a fundraiser monitoring team coordinated by Asia Samachar.
The cost of building back her house is estimated to be between Rp250 million to Rp350 million (approximately between RM80,000 to RM100,000 or S$24,000 to S$34,000)
ACCOUNT NUMBER TO SEND FUNDS TO/WITHIN INDONESIA
Bank: Bank Mandiri
Account No: 117 0010689 008
Name: DILL RAAJ
Whatsapp: Harbinders +62811-889-1993
Please Whatsapp your transfer slip to Harbinder (Dill Raaj’s brother). Please indicate your name, location and message you would like to convey to the family.
Full Disclosure: Dill Raaj, a nephew to the fire victim, is a Jakarta-based architect. This account has been opened specifically for this fund raising. He will provide full and proper timely updates.
ACCOUNT NUMBER TO SEND FUNDS TO/WITHIN MALAYSIA
(funds will be transferred in one lump sum to save on cross border transaction cost):
Account to be listed soon.
Account No: 101271104504
Name: Amarjeet Kaur A/P Karamjee Singh
Whatsapp: +6018-393-4226 (Dr Jasvinder Singh)
Full Disclosure: Amarjeet Kaur is the wife of Dr Jasvinder Singh who comes from Medan and knows the family. They will provide full and proper timely updates of the account. The account is being used to collect Malaysian donations which will then be transferred at one-go. This saves on cross-border transaction costs.
FUND RAISING MONITORING TEAM
The following Sikhs have been invited to join a group to assist in the monitoring of the fund raising process:
1. Sardar Sarban Singh Kalem (President, Gurdwara Guru Nanak, Jalan Teuku Umar, Medan).
2. Dr Jasvinder Singh (Johor Bahru, originally Jakarta). He is spearheading fund raising in Johor area.
3. Sardar Dill Raaj Singh Gill (Jakarta-based architect who is a nephew to the fire victim.
4. Sardar Kirpal Singh (Penang) is an active member of Sikh Naujawan Sabha Malaysia (SNSM) Penang.
5. Sardar Amarjit Singh (Kuala Lumpur). He is the former jathedar of Sikh Naujawan Sabha Malaysia (SNSM) and treasurer of Malaysian Gurdwaras Council (MGC). He will assist in financial monitoring of the fund raising effort.
6. Asia Samachar representative.
Mother and Baby Ravneet return home 19 months after hot water incident (Asia Samachar, 26 Sept 2019)