Seremban Sikhs are set to lend the turban power to Merdeka Day.
Gurdwara Sahib Seremban is going to encourage its members and local Sikhs to don the turban on 31 Aug 2018 as Malaysia celebrates its 61st Independence Day.
The gurdwara joins a host of other gurdwaras in throwing their support for the Merdeka Day Shining Turban campaign launched by Asia Samachar.
The others include Gurdwara Sahib Taiping, Wadda Gurdwara Sahib Penang, Gurdwara Sahib Putra Heights and Gurdwara Sahib Kuantan.
Sikhs have played a prominent and visible role in the making of Malaya, and later, Malaysia. The campaign is to continue that spirit by making the Sikh presence felt by getting the community members to don the turban.
For those who already wear a turban, make is special. How? Well, think of something. For those who don’t normally wear a turban, all they have to do is to wear a turban on Merdeka Day, wherever they are.
Let us join the #MerdekaDayShiningTurban campaign. Let’s rock the country with the shining turban!
- If you run a gurdwara or society, let us know via Whatsapp (+6017-3351399)
- If you plan to join, great if you run the hashtag and photo on your Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. #MerdekaDayShiningTurban
- Tell your family & friend. Grow the party.
- On Merdeka Day, just wear a turban wherever you are!
- Send a photo to Asia Samachar (Whatsapp +6017-3351399 or Facebook messenger)
Putra Heights, Kuantan joins Merdeka Day Shining Turban campaign Asia Samachar, 18 Aug 2018)
Merdeka Day Shining Turban (Asia Samachar, 1 Aug 2018)
Penang stamp for #MerdekaDayShiningTurban campaign (Asia Samachar, 4 Aug 2018)
Taiping first gurdwara to join #MerdekaDayShiningTurban campaign (Asia Samachar, 3 Aug 2018)