By Asia Samachar Team | MALAYSIA |
It’s time to battle haze in style. With Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia engulfed in haze, the shining armour of the Sikh is coming to the rescue.
We have found the solution. You can ‘protect’ yourself from the haze with the final turban wrap nicely covering your face. Or maybe not. But it makes for a good photo!
Here we have the Shining Turban ambassador leading the way in style. Former Malaysian Sikh top cop Amar Singh lends his support to the Malaysia Day turban photo/video competition, #ShiningTurban2k19MalaysiaDay, with an epic photo.
“Mayri bhag, mayri sheili (My turban, my style),” remarked an Asia Samachar volunteer editor when he saw the stylish photo of Amar, the retired Malaysian police commissioner who was the highest ranking Punjabi and Indian police officer in the Malaysian force.
Now, folks, time for you to shine in the turban. Just upload your photo onto Facebook and/or Instagram (check out the rules below) to be part of this unique competition open to ALL Malaysians.
Apart from the fun of seeing yourself in turban, you stand a chance to win a newly released iPhone 11 or an air ticket to Vietnam!
Hurry! Competitions ends on 30 Sept. You don’t have too many days left to be a #ShiningTurban star.
HOW TO JOIN THE COMPETITION:
1. Post a picture or a video of you in turban on your Facebook or Instagram page, with a caption or story (what turban means, something heartwarming incident involving the turban or anything that comes to mind).
2. Add these hashtags to your post:
3. You must tag 3 friends who might be interested in joining
4. Follow us @asiasamachar Facebook or Instagram & tag us
5. Like this post (at Facebook or Instagram)
6. For an extra chance, share Asia Samachar post on your Facebook or as story at Instagram
7. Make your Facebook and/or Instagram profile public
8. Competition open to MALAYSIANS only
9. Closing Date: 30 Sept 2019 (2359, Malaysian time)
ROUND ONE: We will choose the top 30 entries based on the number of ‘Likes’ you get. (If you join at both Fb and Insta, we will take the higher number)
ROUND TWO: Our panel of judges will pick the winners based on number of ‘Likes’, photo or video and your story/caption. Results will be announced in October 2019.
ALL THE BEST. TIME TO TURBAN UP!
- iPhone 11
- One return-ticket to Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- One return-ticket to Can Tho, Vietnam
- Malaysian Gurdwaras Council (MGC)
- Khalsa Diwan Malaysia (KDM)
- Malaysian Punjabi Chambers of Commerce and Industry (MPCCI)
- Sikh Naujawan Sabha Malaysia (SNSM)
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Prizes may not be redeemed for cash. They must be picked up from Kuala Lumpur.
2. All prizes are used/taken entirely at the risk of the winner in all things, and Asia Samachar excludes all warranties in connection with any prize to the extent permitted by law.
3. Asia Samachar, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors and representatives are not responsible for defective prizes or misuse of any prize, or for any claims, liability, loss or damage arising out of or in connection with any contest promoted by Asia Samachar
4. If a specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, Asia Samachar may substitute a similar prize or one of equivalent value.
5. The winner may also be required by Asia Samachar to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and acknowledges that Asia Samachar has the right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it deems fit.
6. Contest entries and material submitted in connection with the Shining Turban 2019 Malaysia Day contest (whether in written, audio or visual form, or a combination of these) or any photographs, video and/or film footage or audio recording taken of the contestants become the property of Asia Samachar. Asia Samachar may use the material in any medium and in any reasonable manner it sees fit. Copyright in any such material becomes and remains the sole property of Asia Samachar
7. Asia Samachar may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a winner’s or competitor’s name, character, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning winning of the contest. Asia Samachar may promote or advertise that a winner won a competition. All winners hereby agree to the use of his/her name for the purpose of advertising, trade or promotion by Asia Samachar without additional compensation.
8. Winners are responsible for any and all taxes payable as a result of a prize being awarded or received.
9. Asia Samachar reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that it determines to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or site, to be acting in breach or potential breach of these Rules and Regulations. No correspondence shall be entertained. Asia Samachar further reserves the right to cancel, modify, suspend or delay the contest in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control
10. Disclaimers: By entering the contest, each contestant agrees that Asia Samachar subsidiaries and representatives (“Contest Sponsors”) shall not be liable or responsible for damages, losses, injuries, rights, claims or actions of any kind in connection with the contest, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use/misuse of prizes, or participation in the contest, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Each contestant further agrees that the contest sponsors will not be responsible or liable for any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, mutilated, delayed, corrupted, duplicated or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules and Regulations.
11. Please allow 90 working days from winning date for prizes to be processed.
12. Asia Samachar reserves the right to at any time, change, amend, delete or add to the Terms and Conditions and other rules and regulations including the mechanism of the Contest at its absolute discretion.
Win iPhone 11 at #ShiningTurban competition. Hurry, competition ends Sept 30 (Asia Samachar, 15 Sept 2019)
Time for Sikh women to join politics, urges lawmaker Ramkarpal (Asia Samachar, 6 Aug 2019)